MR. JUSTICE (R) KHALIL-UR-REHMAN KHANChairman PHDA
Former Education Knowledge of Shariah
- Extensive reading of Fiqh ul Mamlat & Shariah Principles, manifested in Judgements on Shariah Issues as Judge of High Court / Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- Belongs to Hanafi School of Thought.
- Believes in Ijtihad & Comparative Study of Fiqh & adoption of Ruling of any of the five Mazahibs which provides solution of the problem or the matter needing resolution
- Law Practice of 24 years. Shariah, Banking, Corporate, Constitutional and Civil Law.
- Served as Judge, Lahore High Court (1981-1994).
- Served as Judge Federal Shariat Court (1994-1996)
- Served as Chief Justice – Lahore High Court (1996).
- Served as Judge Supreme Court of Pakistan (1996-2000).
- Acting Ombudsman of Pakistan (1999 – 2000) (Public Ethics Department of Federal Government).
- Chairman, Shariat Appellate Bench of Supreme Court of Pakistan. Author of Judgment of Riba case (Bank Interest).
- Has the distinction of dealing with Islamic Financial Transactions and Products in the capacity of Chairman, “Religious Board” for Modaraba Companies for six years.
- Decided the most important cases concerning Shariah issues during the tenure as a Judge of the High Court and Supreme Court.
- Chairman, Shariah Board, Munich-Re Retakaful Company, Malaysia for three years from October 2008 to October 2011.
- Rector – International Islamic University Islamabad (2000 – 2005).
- Chairman, Punjab Commission for Free & Compulsory Education (Constituted by Govt. of the Punjab).
Positions Presently Held:
- Chairman, Halal Development Agency, Govt. of the Punjab (2012 – ).
- Vice Chairman, Punjab Quran & Seerat Studies Institute, Lahore.
- Chairman, Shariah Board of Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP)
- Member, Shariah Board, State Bank of Pakistan.
- Chairman, Shariah Advisory Board Al-Baraka Bank (Pakistan) Limited.
- Board of Trustees-Founder Member, International Islamic University Islamabad.
- Member Board of Governors, International Islamic University Islamabad.
- Member Council of Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University Islamabad.